Now Hiring: Executive Director
(date posted to web, October 14, 2021)
The Sauk Prairie Conservation Alliance is seeking an energetic and creative executive director to lead the organization. The director is the sole employee of the Alliance and oversees all activities of the organization following its most recent strategic plan and in support of the Badger Reuse Plan’s collaborative vision.
This is a half-time position that can be based remotely but works with land and partners in the Sauk Prairie area. The director will develop and implement programming to advance the mission of the organization; plan and oversee seasonal ecological restoration work with the help of volunteers; work to meet revenue goals through new and renewed memberships and major donations to sustain the organization; research and write grants to support the programming and operations of the organization; engage the board of directors of the organization through quarterly board meetings and regular communication and updates; manage Alliance member communications; and create and track the organization’s annual budget (~$50,000 in 2021). (Note: The Treasurer currently handles all financial work for the organization.) This is a unique opportunity to impact local conservation and lead the organization into the future. Download the full position description here.
Desired Skills and Experience
We encourage applications from a wide range of backgrounds. The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in conservation, ecological restoration, environmental education or a related field, or equivalent training/experience;
- Two years working in the non-profit sector;
- A strong work or volunteer background in conservation (ecological restoration or land stewardship) ;
- Demonstrated leadership experience that may include directing another organization and/or overseeing staff and/or volunteers, coordinating events or programs, etc.;
- Ability to work with diverse entities (government agencies, citizen groups, college and high school students, general audiences);
- Excellent communication skills (public speaking, writing, teaching, editing);
- Comfortable with diverse communication tools (print and digital);
- Demonstrated success with non-profit fundraising;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Familiarity with the Alliance and Sauk County conservation is highly desirable.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to: SaukPrairieConservationJobs@gmail.com.
Interviews will be conducted as qualified applications are received. Position open until filled; expected start date January 2021 or sooner.